Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2380

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I remember receiving the Best Years album for my 14th birthday in February 1975 and playing it to my sister's boyfriend who I'd met for the first time that day. I fell in love with my sister's boyfriend. We secretly eloped (some years later) and we've been married for 31 years but.......

Oh, how I wanted to be the girl in the back of the taxi with Steve Harley on the back of album cover!(why does she look so bored?)

I'll really enjoy Johnnie Walker's show this week as I peel the vegetables!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2381

• RachelPAtoSH
You Best Years story is great to read, Stewart, and Stella's memories and "intersting" story very interesting!! Steve will be pointed to this later: PLEASE will you send your stories as email to Johnnie?
He will read them, we're sure. He respects Steve very much, and he might read out your great stories.
Same goes to anyone with a special "Best Years" story to tell - Johnnie will really enjoy receiving them.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

many thanks - R

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2382

• Stella Day
Ok Rachel. Done!
I wonder if Steve remembers playing "Moonlighting" for me on the Sounds Of The Seventies?

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2385

• cockneyrebel1
B) Stewart G, why is your book still unpublished? I can't be the only Rebel fan who would love to read it! Is there a spot for your book, in several "episodes", to appear here on the SH website? Your writing is too emotive to remain a secret: I am hungry to read more!!!! B)

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2388

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
I remember receiving the Best Years album for my 14th birthday in February 1975 and playing it to my sister's boyfriend who I'd met for the first time that day. I fell in love with my sister's boyfriend. We secretly eloped (some years later) and we've been married for 31 years but.......

That's quite a story, Stella. :D Is your husband as big a fan of Steve's as you are? :) And, did your sister ever forgive you? ;)

Cheri

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 12 years 10 months ago #2391

• Stella Day
Cheri, John's not really a fan at all but appreciates Steve Harley's earlier works up to about Timeless Flight. He rarely accompanies me to any of the concerts these days. He finds the sight of his wife fawning over her middle-aged teenage heart throb rather embarassing :laugh:
And my sister forgave me and found a toy boy.